Friday, November 5, 2010

This whole immigration thing....

Response to a blog on Lina's View on Government:

Lina, I definitely agree with you in that the general public often stops looking at illegal immigrants as people.  I admit to having issues with people being here illegally, not contributing to any public programs, yet still reaping the benefits of those programs.  However, as you stated, I can see myself doing the same thing if the situations were reversed.  If our country was the same as Mexico, I would probably be figuring out a way to get my children into Canada by any means possible.  I see people talking down to immigrants, even to their children.  While I agree with the logic behind the arguments against illegal immigrants, we still need to see them as people and treat them as such.  The answer to the problem is immigration reform, not hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment